Last Modified: March 21, 2015
Welcome to FREQUENTER LLC, a Delaware limited liability company ("frequenter", the “Company”, “we” or “us”). We highly respect the privacy of our users (“you”) and have developed this
Your privacy is very important to us. In fact, one of the reasons we created this app is to allow you to track places you visited
without automatically sharing them with other people. The default for our Service is always private; if you decide to send a
selective recommendation list to friends, you control exactly what information will be sent. Also, we will never sell your personal
(non-anonymized) information to a third party; and we will not spam you, and will never hand your email address to any third parties.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
To provide you with our Service, we have to collect certain information from you. When you use our Service, the information you save
is automatically backed up on a cloud server so that you don’t have to worry about losing it. Therefore, we may store certain
information about you on the server. We pledge to treat any of your personal information with the highest degree of confidentiality
and security that is possible to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted
to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Please see below for details on these topics.
If you have any questions, opinions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us.
Information we collect from you
- In order to set up a user account with frequenter, you will be asked to provide your email address and set a password
- In order to provide you with our Service, you will also be asked to allow frequenter to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service
- Every time you save a place, change your rating, and add comments or other information to a place you saved, that information, along with the time you saved the place, will be stored on our servers
- We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries
Information collected automatically
- Like most website operators, we automatically collect certain information from your browser or device when you use our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address
- When you use our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click
- We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Service and to deliver or communicate with cookies. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon
How we use the information we collect
- Deliver the products and services in accordance with the description of the Service, and manage our business
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content
- Communicate with you by email, if necessary. While our intention is to keep the emails we send you at a minimum, you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us
- Develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites
- Website or mobile application analytics
- Perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
We have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor site content and to remove any materials it deems inappropriate.
With whom we share your information
- By default, your personal (non-anonymized) information will not be shared with anyone
- We may sell aggregated and anonymized (non-personally identifiable) data to third parties, such as how often a place has been visited, its average rating, how often it has been sent to other users, and other aggregated metrics, at our discretion
- We may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us
Information you can choose to share
If you decide to send a recommendation list to another user, you decide which places you would like to send, and whether to solely send the identification of the places contained in that list, or whether you wish to share other information such as ratings, notes, hashtags, with the other user. The time you visited a place will not be shared. In addition to the information you choose to share with the other user, the recipient will receive your email address to be able to identify you.
Closing your account
Security - how we protect your personal information
- Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Users are responsible for preventing unauthorized access to their account and personal information by selecting and protecting their password appropriately
- We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure
- Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information
- We employ other companies and contractors to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide our Service to you. Our agents do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your personal information. Some of our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using our Service, you consent to the transfer of such information to them
- We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13
Using our Service from outside the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, note that this site is hosted on our servers in the United States and therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of our Service will constitute your consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of your home country
If we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, opinions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at: info[at]frequenterapp.com.
Thank you for using frequenter!